Do you dream of becoming a digital nomad – working remotely while traveling the world -but you’re not sure where or how to start?
The Digital Nomad Survival Guide is for you. This book provides useful and specific knowledge about travel, housing, work, and socializing to help you set up and manage your new lifestyle as a digital nomad.
So whether you can’t wait to network while in Chiang Mai on the cheap, live the healthy lifestyle in Bali, or traverse the European landscape, The Digital Nomad Survival Guide is the perfect tool to help you make your dreams into a reality.
This book pulls together practical advice from our experience, conversations with 20+ successful digital nomads, and tips from hundreds more nomads across 70+ countries. Included are packing lists, sample budgets, app recommendations, website suggestions, and more.
The Digital Nomad Survival Guide will teach you:
- How to determine your budget and what financial resources are most useful abroad
- The best and worst places to visit as a digital nomad while you travel the world
- How to find the best travel and housing options for your lifestyle
- What pieces of technology you absolutely need and how to work from wherever
- Where to find friends and how to avoid being lonely on the road
- What should you pack for months on the road
- … and more.
Peter and Katherine are experienced digital nomads, with a collective 5 years on the road. They’ve traveled to over 30 countries on 5 continents while maintaining their jobs. They co-authored this book remotely while traveling separately around SE Asia.
This is the book we wish we had read a few years ago. We had jobs, we had dreams, and we had travel experience – but we didn’t really know how to go from “normal life” to being a digital nomad. And while there is a lot of information available for people about how to travel or work remotely, it’s hard to know where to start and what will work best for you.
So whether you dream of freedom from your desk, are hoping to become a suitcase entrepreneur, or are just excited to explore the world, you’ll find practical advice and helpful resources in our chapters:
- Location Scouting
- Travel & Transportation
- Jobs & Working
- Packing & Possessions
- Local Culture
- Social & Relationships
The Digital Nomad Survival Guide includes:
- Our personal experiences and anecdotes
- Specific references from blogs and other digital nomads
- Suggestions for tools + apps + places
- Digital Nomad Pro Tips
- Examples of budgets and packing lists, checklists, and more
- Interviews with digital nomads (a travel vlogger, developer, and illustrator)
- A Digital Nomad Tool Kit (the self-assessment, budget, packing list, and all our recommendation + resource links together)
- Data from our Digital Nomad Census